LLTI Archives

August 2006, Week 4

From:
Date:
Tue, 22 Aug 2006 07:55:34 -0400
Announcing the SWALLT Fall Conference, which will be held October
27-28 at UC Irvine.

Our theme is Making Technology Speak Your Language: Strategies for
Teaching and Assessment

We are now accepting presentation proposals in the following areas:

-core curriculum and ancillary objectives
-integrated instructional design
-strategies for reinforcement and retention of language usage, forms,
and mechanics
-pre- and post-assessment tools
-rubrics and standards
-comprehensible, authentic input
-the impact of social networking on language learning and teaching
-e-portfolios

Submission deadline is Friday, September 8.

Please visit our conference website at
http://www.humanities.uci.edu/hirc/ocs/index.php

We look forward to seeing you in sunny Southern California!

Judi
Judi Franz, Director
Humanities Instructional Resource Center
http://www.humanities.uci.edu/hirc
(949) 824-4500

2003-07 IALLT Programs Director (http://iallt.org)

The limits of my language mean the limits of my world.
-Ludwig Wittgenstein, philosopher (1889-1951)

Language Learning (http://iallt.org/), and The Consortium for Language Teaching
Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.