LLTI Archives

August 2006, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2006 16:35:49 -0400
We are in the process of moving some of our online Hawaiian courses from
WebCT to Moodle for the same reason. It is quite easy to download quizzes
and question databases from WebCT and import them into Moodle. Moodle's
quiz module does not have all of the functionality of WebCT's, but is
workable.  We have 50 or so practice quizzes in WebCT built from a
question database with several thousand questions, and it was quite easy
to move it over. The bulk of our curriculum content is on FirstClass, not
WebCT or Moodle, so we've not had to worry about bringing the content over
yet, just the quizzes.

If you need specifics on moving the quizzes over let me know and I'll
document how we did it, but it is pretty straightforward.

Keola Donaghy

***********

Hello Barbara.  We have just switched over to using Moodle from
Blackboard.  In Blackboard we always felt constrained especially with
quizzes, as there is limited pedagogical functionality for them in
Blackboard; and there was basically no language support.  So far we
are loving the Moodle.  We have transfered all of our Blackboard
material over to the Moodle courses and are doing more course
development now than when using Blackboard.  Our University is
continuing to use Blackboard as it seems to work well for most
everyone but us, go figure.  I think that using it as an addition to
any other course managements system makes sense.  I am really
relishing in the freedom it gives us compared to our campuses
implementation of Blackboard.  We can now do things that we have been
wanting to for some time now that were not possible in Blackboard
(like non roman character input quizes).

All in all we are loving Moodle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Clayton Mitchell
Director