MACSCRPT Archives

August 2006

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Lloyd Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Aug 2006 23:42:33 -0400

>> Applescript 2.01? Am I missing something? Applescript in Mac OS X
>> 10..4.7 is
>> vers 1.10.7 and Script Editor is a 2.1.1 (81). Maybe that's what you
>> were
>> looking for? The easiest way to get a copy is open your lastest
>> install disk
>> and use Pacifist to extract it. Then, reapply the latest COMBO update
>> to ensure
>> you have the latest.
>
> I'm running 10.3.9 (Don't get me started on our budget...).  Will
> 2.1.1 work here?
>
> And yes, I repaired permissions first thing.
> --

Bill,

It may sound like a silly question, but have you tossed out the script
editor preferences in your library/preferences folder?

I had a similar sort of issue a couple of months back and I tried
everything hat you seem to have tried, short of reinstalling as I
almost refuse to go there. I ended up tossing out the preferences a
couple of times, along with repairing permissions and I managed to fix
the issue. I believe I tossed the Finder Pref's as well hoping it may
have been some link between the two apps that was causing the issues.

I can't say exactly what order was the magic bullet, but I did manage
to get it back without the reinstall.

Lloyd