LLTI Archives

July 2006, Week 3

From:
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2006 13:34:24 EDT
---------5---- from [log in to unmask]

We use it with Can8 without any issues.

Todd

Todd Bryant
Language Program Administrator
Dickinson College
717-254-8941
Fax - 717-245-1456

-----Original Message-----
From: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of LLTI-Editor
Sent: Monday, July 17, 2006 1:22 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: #8286.4 (!) Deep Freeze

--- Forwarded Message from <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"

>Subject: Re: #8286.1 - 3 (!) Deep Freeze
>Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 14:23:02 -0500

Thanks everyone

The reviews look very good except a minor problem with Windows Media
Player
needing to be reinstalled or reconfigured after reboots. Hope to dump
WMP
anyway because it has caused greif long enough with it's vague error
messages and the ever present and pernament "connecting to media" status
for
no reason at all when listening to anything from the Internet. Only fix
found for that is a rollback from WMP10 back to WMP9 and that has a fix
is
only temporary. To revive WMP9 I have to reinstall each semester. Will
switch to an opensource media player but a virtual lab will play the
files
anyway. Any problems with Deep Freeze versus CAN 8, Sanako, or SANS
virtual
language labs?

Thanks for the reviews. Very helpful.
Tom Griffin,
Supervisor, Foreign Language Lab
Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures
Northeastern Illinois University
5500 N. St. Louis Avenue
Chicago, IL 60625
773-442-4753