LLTI Archives

July 2006, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2006 13:58:56 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Mark Richard Lauersdorf <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 18:23:16 -0400
>From: Mark Richard Lauersdorf <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: PC/WindowsXP laptop recommendations

Hello LLTIers,

Leaving aside the discussion of the MacBook and MacBook Pro and their
ability to boot Windows XP...

...I'm looking for solid (preferably experience-based) recommendations
for PC laptops that are light in the luggage but pack reasonable power.
  It is for a colleague who does a lot of overseas traveling and would
like to upgrade from her fairly hefty and rather sluggish four-year-old
Dell.

I've been doing mostly desktop buying lately, so have not kept up with
the PC laptop market.  I've been reading the reviews, and I'm hoping for
user testimonials here.  Anyone have a make and model in their laptop
bag that they are dying to rave about?

Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

Mark

-----------------------------------
Dr. Mark Richard Lauersdorf
Associate Professor of Languages and Linguistics
Director of Language Technology
Dept. of Modern & Classical Languages
1055 Patterson Office Tower
University of Kentucky