LLTI Archives

July 2006, Week 2

From:
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 2006 14:20:28 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Sharon Scinicariello <[log in to unmask]>
---

>Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 17:32:34 -0400
>Subject: Problems with Audacity
>From: Sharon Scinicariello <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum

Help!

We've started testing the image on our Lab's new Macs (10.4.7 on a Dual 2.3
GHz Power PC G5), Audacity refuses (mostly) to run.  We've tried both the
stable 1.2.4 and the 1.3 beta versions with the same results.  It usually
fails to open unless you open it by clicking on a file created with
Audacity.  If it opens, one can usually create a new recording, but the
application crashes on playback.

Has anyone had a similar problem and been able to resolve it?

I know there are alternatives to Audacity, but we have been using it
successfully in our Lab for at least two years; both the students and the
faculty are comfortable with it now.  Better yet, it looks the same on PCs
and Macs, and we can encourage the students to put it on their own computers
for use outside the Lab.

I'll appreciate any suggestions.

Sharon

--
Sharon Scinicariello, Ph.D.
Director, Multimedia Language Laboratory

Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.