LLTI Archives

July 2006, Week 1

From:
Date:
Mon, 3 Jul 2006 13:40:04 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Claire M. Bartlett" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 16:14:23 -0500 (CDT)
>From: "Claire M. Bartlett" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Rice University, Language Resource Center Manager Position

We are looking for someone to fill this position before the start of the
Fall semester. Please submit resumes directly to Rice University Human
Resources. You can find out how to apply for a job at Rice at the
following address:

http://people.rice.edu/jobs.cfm?doc_id=7222

06356 LANGUAGE RESOURCE CENTER MANAGER / LANGUAGE RESOURCE CENTER

Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.

Security sensitive position as defined under the Texas Education Code,
Section 51.215; the successful applicant will be required to undergo a
background check.

The Language Resource Center Manager will manage the administrative,
financial, and human resource operations of the Language Resource Center
(LRC) and administer the day-to-day functions of the LRC including the
coordination and supervision of over 12 students staff members. He/she
will manage communication between the LRC and over 50 faculty/lecturers
from the Center for the Study of Languages, the Hispanic and Classical
Studies Department, French Studies Department, German and Slavic Studies
Department, Asian Studies department, Linguistics Department, and the
Continuing Studies Department. The LRC Manager will advise and assist the
Director in the development and implementation of departmental policies
and procedures.

Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: negotiating contracts
for permissions and licenses of foreign language software and foreign
language audiovisual materials; monitoring and managing existing
agreements with all publishers for contractual compliance; managing the
LRC student work staff (12-14 student workers); processing over 100
faculty multimedia requests and work requests per semester and ordering
videos, computer software, materials, and supplies; negotiating prices
with vendors and publishers; evaluating and monitoring budgetary, payroll,
and departmental expenditures; advising the LRC Director in the
development and implementation of departmental policies and procedures;
maintaining two databases: equipment inventory and products and their
vendors; monitoring insurance coverage for all equipment purchased and
keeps the VP for Investments up to date on all new purchases; handling
transactions with companies for maintenance and repair of equipment;
handling all departmental administrative duties, including the preparation
of administrative paperwork such as purchase orders, check requests,
travel expense statements, student personnel action forms and time sheets,
and departmental attendance records.

Required: Bachelor's degree or three years of managing, organizing, and
supervising experience in an educational environment; excellent working
knowledge of MS Office Professional, Internet browser, and electronic
mail; knowledge of a foreign language.

Preferred: Experience in the field of language learning technology; good
knowledge of an HTML editor (e.g. Dreamweaver).

Rice University is an EEO/AA employer

Job posted at the following address:

http://people.rice.edu/jobdetail.cfm?ID=2347

I look forward to reviewing your resumes.

Regards,

Claire
Claire Bartlett
Director, Language Resource Center      		Voice:  (713) 348-6156
Assoc. Dir., Center for the Study of Languages		LRC: 	(713) 348-6157
120 Rayzor Hall, MS 37		              		fax:  	(713) 348-6168
Rice University                         		[log in to unmask]
6100 Main Street
Houston, TX 77005-1892                  	http://www.ruf.rice.edu/~lrc

* President , IALLT					http://www.iallt.org
	(International Association for Language Learning Technology)

Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.