LLTI Archives

July 2006, Week 1

From:
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 2006 18:46:10 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Barbara Sawhill <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 00:19:55 -0400
>From: Barbara Sawhill <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Language Lab Unleashed #10
>To: LLTI-Editor <[log in to unmask]>

Greetings LLTIers:

It may be the dog days of summer, but the conversations about language
learning and technology continue despite the heat (or rain, depending
upon where you might be).

Please join us on July 6th at 9:30 PM EST as we discuss e-portfolios and
how (if at all) social software tools can be used to create a means by
which we can be able to acquire and assess our students' work over time.

Joining in the conversation will be Jan Marston and Clayton Mitchell
from the Drake University Language Acquisition Program (DULAP) at Drake
University, Pete Smith from The Center for Distance Education at the
University of Texas at Arlington and Barbara Ganley,  a dynamic
edublogger and teacher from the Writing Program at from Middlebury College.

Please join us!  Information on how to listen in and/or participate by
phone or by skype or via the text chat is available on our site:
http://www.languagelabunleashed.com

Upcoming shows: Using Moodle as a CMS/LMS for language
teaching/learning: come and share your stories.  Please contact me if
you are interested in participating in this conversation!

We welcome your ideas for future conversations as well. Let us know what
isnon your mind!

Happy summer!

Barbara

Barbara Sawhill
Director, Cooper International Learning Center
Lecturer, Hispanic Studies Department
Oberlin College
Oberlin, OH 44074

ph: 440-775-8595