MACSCRPT Archives

July 2006

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Mark Lively <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2006 21:48:28 -0400
On Jul 10, 2006, at 5:39 PM, Joe Barwell wrote:

> My question, then, is this: has anyone else had any luck in GUI
> Scripting the non-scriptable parts of FMP6?

What I usually do for something like this is I set up a fileMaker
script to export to a set file.  I usually use /tmp or /users/
shared.  Then I move it/rename it where I want it from there.

What you are encountering here is Filemaker not returning to smile
until the export is done.

The Following worked for me.

tell application "FileMaker Developer"
	activate
	ignoring application responses  --FMP doesn't return until the
export is done
		do menu menu item "Export Records…" of menu "File"
	end ignoring
end tell
with timeout of 5 seconds
	tell application "System Events"
		delay 1  --pause for the dialog to show up
		tell process "FileMaker Developer"  --Which app gets the text
			keystroke "o" -- just a test
		end tell
	end tell
end timeout