MACSCRPT Archives

July 2006

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Bill Steele <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2006 10:04:05 -0400
The Satimage query reminded me.  Has anyone else been having trouble
with find and replace in Satimage and Acme Script Widgets?

Using Acme replace, I frequently get "Out of memory" errors if the
thing being searched for is not there.  I've avoided that by
switching to the Satimage "change" command, but that suffers from not
working with a list.

Meanwhile, the Satimage "find text" is also producing errors, again
when the target string is not present.

Acme worked just fine under OS9.

Since this is happening with two different OSAXen, I can't help
wondering if it's something about my system. However, the problem has
occurred on at least two different computers. (Both running 10.3.9)
--

Bill Steele