LLTI Archives

June 2006, Week 3

From:
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2006 13:59:46 EDT
Hi David --

         We used to sell the audio that goes along with Alexander
Schenker's Beginning Polish.  Though we no longer offer these
materials for sale on cassette tape, you can download the audio files
free of charge from http://www.cls.yale.edu/polish  I assume you can
still find the textbook, but we don't have the rights to that.

         When we offer Polish in our DILS program (Directed
Independent Language Study), we use Oscar Swan's First Year Polish
textbook, which has its own audio -- Slavica Publishers, Inc., second
edition, 1983.  I'm told that it's a good sturdy grammar, but that
the dialogues are pretty stilted.

         Best,
                 Nina