LLTI Archives

June 2006, Week 3

From:
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2006 13:59:44 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Andrea Miles" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 08:30:22 -0500
>From: "Andrea Miles" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #8268 recommendations for Spanish self-study materials

Spanish in 10 minutes a day is a book (I don't think it comes with a CD)
that a lot of community colleges use in their adult education courses.
Otherwise, Pimsleur CDs might be of use.  If she is already proficient
in Spanish, but just wants to improve, I would suggest she purchase
novels/newsppapers in Spanish from the college bookstore or on-line and
read them.

Sincerely,
Andrea Miles

>>> [log in to unmask] 06/16/06 12:35 PM >>>
--- Forwarded Message from Samantha Earp <[log in to unmask]> ---

>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: Samantha Earp <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: recommendations for Spanish self-study materials
>Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 21:05:18 -0400

Hello,

A staff member here at Duke is asking for suggestions for self-study
materials to polish her Spanish. Do any of you have suggestions for
materials in any format? Most of our materials are tied directly to our
curriculum (and in many cases are behind password protection). Our
Spanish
program doesn't make recommendations for folks who aren't in their
classes,
and I'd love to be able to offer suggestions to those who periodically
ask
us for this help.

I'll take any suggestions off-list, but I'm happy to post a summary
later
in anyone's interested.

Thanks,
Samantha