LLTI Archives

June 2006, Week 1

From:
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2006 13:57:50 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Detiveaux, Georges J"

>Subject: printer control software?
>Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 12:32:48 -0500
>From: "Detiveaux, Georges J" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>

Howdy, listservants,

In our language lab, students can currently print as many pages as they like (of
whatever they like) with little or no policing. I write to ask if anyone knows
of some kind of software out there in the world that could be installed on each
student station and the teacher control station (all running XP) that would
allow the teacher control station to act as a queue into which student print
requests would line up and from which permission to print would be granted,
thereby saving reams and reams of wasted paper. Does such a thing exist? Every
time I hear the printer crank up nowadays, I can't help but feel like that teary
Native American in that old litter prevention commercial...

Georges Detiveaux
Language Lab Coordinator / Lead French Faculty
Cy-Fair College, LRNC-203
9191 Barker Cypress Road
Cypress, TX  77433
http://faculty.nhmccd.edu/gdetiveaux
phone 281.290.5975
fax 281.290.5283

"I deny the allegations, and I defy the alligators."  (former Governor Richard
Leche of Louisiana, when asked by the media about charges of impropriety)

Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.