MACSCRPT Archives

June 2006

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Roger Howard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2006 16:22:16 -0700
On Jun 7, 2006, at 12:14 PM, John A.M. Darnell wrote:

> Ed:
>
>    I took a quick look at my Perl and PHP scripts that I execute
> using the
> "do shell script" command, and I found that in either case, I had
> prefaced
> the script with some kind of prep line.  For example in Perl it was
>
> #$/usr/bin/perl -m
>
> and in PHP it was something like this:
>
> <?
>
> Be advised that I am really inexperienced in either scripting
> package, but
> maybe you need something similar, like "#bash" or whatever.

If you're using "do shell script" you don't need this...

I've not scripted ftp through do shell script before - is it perhaps
an interactive tool? Maybe you should put & on the end of your
command to detach it to let it run in the background?

Can't think of any other reason it wouldn't run, unless there's a
path issue (but ftp should be in the default paths that do shell
script looks at - it is on my box).

What's the error you're getting Ed?
-R