LLTI Archives

May 2006, Week 4

From:
Date:
Tue, 23 May 2006 10:22:44 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Thomas Plagwitz" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Thomas Plagwitz" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Are there "double I" LLTIs  =  similar lists of non US origin?
>Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 17:12:38 -0400

Seems like my visa extension got messed up beyond repair, and that I will
relocate out of the US in January 2007.

I have been working in foreign language teaching with technology, including
direction of digital audio and of generic language labs, for 10+ years (and
love it, more than ever, we have come a long way).

But my experience has been almost exclusively in North America.

Who knows of web sites and mailing lists with job postings in our field from
other parts of the world?

There are some international jobs on  MLA's JIL, Linguist, The Chronicle,
and Educause.

But they are rarely on the intersection of language learning and technology.
Are there no  computerized language classrooms/labs in the rest of the
world?

When I see more Dutch than German subscribers, the French cut in half, and
three from China in today's listserv statistics posting, I tend to assume
that these domains have their own online meeting venues.

Your hints are much appreciated, feel free to contact me off list if this is
too specific an interest.

thomas

--
Dr. Thomas Plagwitz
Language Laboratory Coordinator, German Instructor

Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.