LLTI Archives

May 2006, Week 1

From:
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2006 13:16:19 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Gus Leonard" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 14:25:37 -0700
>Subject: Position-Dir. of the Language Learning Center-CSU San Marcos-Please
Disseminate
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Cc: "Darci Strother" <[log in to unmask]>
>From: "Gus Leonard" <[log in to unmask]>

California State University San Marcos seeks applications for the Director of
the Language Learning Center.

ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY: Cal State San Marcos is situated in southern California,
about 45 minutes north of downtown San Diego. Founded in 1989 as the 20th campus
in the CSU system, Cal State San Marcos is located on 310 acre campus just 15
miles east
of the Pacific Ocean and 10 miles west of the renowned San Diego Wild Animal
Park. Cal State San Marcos offers the resources of a large university system,
but the personal touch of a small college. The campus boasts a new
state-of-the-art Library,
and a strong faculty dedicated to innovative teaching methodology. Our campus
currently offers 19 undergraduate programs, 9 graduate programs, 19 credential
and 2 certificate programs in education. For more information about the
University, visit
the campus web site at
[ http://www.csusm.edu ]www.csusm.edu.

RESPONSIBILITIES: The purpose of the position is to provide academic support
services and resource referrals to students by overseeing the daily operations
at the Language Learning Center, coordinating the supplemental instruction
process with the
World Languages and Hispanic Literatures Department, and by implementing and
developing technological tools that directly support language classroom
instruction and self-directed learning opportunities. The Director also provides
oversight of the
Language-Other-Than-English Graduation Requirement including providing and
coordinating language proficiency testing services to students, evaluating
coursework and examinations and advising students as to the requirement. The
Director reports to
the Senior Director of Learning Assistance Services and also serves as a member
of the Learning Assistance Services staff team; the Student Academic Support
Services Directors staff team, and serves on various University committees and
work groups.

QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates must possess a Bachelor$E2s degree in Foreign
Languages or equivalent postbaccalaureate coursework. Bachelor$E2s degree may be
substituted for two years of the required experience. Equivalent to four years
of experience
providing instructional support services to students taking courses in languages
other than English and/or assessing foreign language proficiency. The following
qualifications are preferred:
	$F0 Master$E2s degree in Foreign Languages. Master$E2s degree may be
substituted for three years of experience.
	$F0 Courses in computer technology, counseling techniques, interviewing, and
conflict resolution.
	$F0 At least one year of program coordination in a higher education academic
support services setting or 	educational retention program (in order to
understand the complexities of coordinating a large college level 	supplemental
instruction program).

COMPENSATION: Director, Language Learning Center; Full-time, permanent position
with benefits - Instructional Support Technician III, Salary Range: $3,571 -
$4,643 / Month. Anticipated starting salary will be $3,571 / Month;

Position is Open Until Filled, Review of Applications will begin May 12, 2006

APPLICATION: To ensure full consideration, candidates must submit responses to
the supplemental questions included in the application. All application
materials must be submitted by the posted review date. Applications submitted
after the first
review date may or may not be considered. To view the complete job description
and benefits summary and apply you may access our website at
http://www.csusm.edu/jobs.htm or call our 24-hour job line at 760-750-4410, TDD
(hearing & speech impaired)
at 760-750-3238 or email us at [log in to unmask] REF# 000541

Dr. Darci Strother, Chair of LLC Director Search
[ mailto:[log in to unmask] ][log in to unmask]
(760) 750-4160

California State University San Marcos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

Gus
_______________________________________
Gus Leonard
Language Laboratory Coordinator
School for World Languages & Cultures $F0  Building 48-119 $F0 California State
University, Monterey Bay $F0 100 Campus Center $F0 Seaside, CA 93955 $F0 Email:
[log in to unmask] $F0 (831) 582-4446 $F0 http://LanguageLab.csumb.edu
President, SouthWest Association for Language Learning Technology $F0
http://www.humanities.uci.edu/hirc/SWALLT/
Confidentiality Notice: This communication, its contents and/or attachments, may
contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. It is solely for the
use of the intended recipient(s). Unauthorized interception, review, use or
disclosure
is prohibited and may violate applicable laws including the Electronic
Communications Privacy Act. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender and destroy all copies of the communication.

Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.