LLTI Archives

May 2006, Week 1

From:
Date:
Wed, 3 May 2006 13:41:04 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Dente, Edmund N." <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Subject: RE: #8235.1-3 (!) LCD Projector
>Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 15:15:23 -0400
>From: "Dente, Edmund N." <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"

Just a quick emendation to my report on the NEC automatic DLP projectors
I wrote about yesterday.
I said "if you are doing mostly/only data projection" when I recommended
them, but they are even more impressive for video. I had originally
written the data line because I was going to mention wireless
projectors, but decided to forego that and mention the LT30/35 instead.
Ed

Edmund N. Dente
Director, Language Media Center
Ass't Director, Media Services
Tufts University           Medford, MA 02155
[log in to unmask]             617.627.3036

It
> is very small and light, reasonably bright, 1024x768 resolution and
quiet.
> We are happy with it, especially on the portability front.
>
> <http://infocus.com/Products/Projectors/LP120.aspx>
>
> weight 1.98 lbs/.9 kg
> native XGA resolution
> Optical zoom lens
> 1000 ANSI lumens
> operates at 36 dB
>
> I can't say how it compares to other current models.
>
> Derek
>
> Derek Roff
> Language Learning Center
> Ortega Hall 129, MSC03-2100
> University of New Mexico
> Albuquerque, NM 87131-0001
> 505/277-7368, fax 505/277-3885
> Internet: [log in to unmask]
>
> (2)   from  [log in to unmask]
>
> There are perhaps hundreds to choose among.
> Make sure you get one with at least 1024 x 768 native resolution.
> Anything below that today is out of date (which is why they will
appear
> so cheap.)
> If you're doing mostly/only data, take a look at the cool new NEC
> automatic projectors:
> LT35:
> To QUOTE:
> NEC LT35 Fully Automatic Projector
> NEC unveiled the LT35, another automatic projector after the LT30. The
> LT35 offers more brightness than the LT30, at 3000 ANSI lumens.
> Featuring DLP Advanced Video Processing, lamp saver technology and
> automatic instant shutdown, the LT35 comes with other features similar
> to the LT30.
>
> Weighing just about 2 kg (4.4 lbs), the automatic startup/shutdown
> feature enables the projector to be turned on or off from a
power-strip
> or wall-light switch. Direct power off ensures that your lamp survives
> blackout.
>
> One of the good things is that the LT35 is compatible with both
Windows
> and Mac platforms. PC resolutions include VGA, SVGA, XGA, SXGA and
> SXGA+. It provides S-Video and audio inputs as well.
>
> Features include:
>

> 3000 ANSI lumens
>
> XGA 1024x768 native resolution
>
> World's first automatic projector
>
> Quick set up and cool down
>
> Automatic focus and keystone correction"
>
> Or the NEC LT30:
> To QUOTE:
> "As the world's first automatic projector sporting a footprint smaller
> than a sheet of paper, the LT30 is bright, powerful and packed with
> technological innovations. Special features include automatic focus
for
> instant sharp focus, automatic start-up enables projector to be
powered
> on once connected to an outlet, automatic shut-down enables projector
> power off automatically once disconnected from the outlet, without
> affecting lamp life, automatic vertical keystone correction
> SquareShot(tm) technology instantly projects a square image even when
> the projector is set up at a steep offset angle to the screen, and
> AutoSense(tm) intuitively syncs the projector with most computer
signals
> and features one touch image optimization."
>
> Now back to me - these are beautiful projectors, and auto focus and
auto
> keystone features are cool.
> The LT30 is extremely lightweight and small. And both are so bright
> (2,600 ANSI lumens and 3,000 ANSI lumens and the use of DLP chips)
that