LLTI Archives

April 2006, Week 4

From:
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2006 12:52:42 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Marianne Zemil" <[log in to unmask]>
---

>Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 09:59:31 -0500 (CDT)
>Subject: Looking for Mac language lab software solutions
>From: "Marianne Zemil" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Cc: <[log in to unmask]>

Dear colleagues,

The University of Chicago Laboratory Schools is building a state of the
art digital language learning center for our students in grades 3rd
through the end of high school.  We are an all Mac campus and are looking
for digital solutions to replace our outdated Star turnkey system.  We are
searching for Mac compatible software that can provide the basic functions
that $E3out of the box$E4 language lab solutions offer:1) remote teacher
control of student machines, the ability to send files to all students
simultaneously, toggle between teacher control of machines and student
independent control, file sharing, student pairing for audio (and possibly
video) work, teacher to student private interaction through the system and
a $E3listening in$E4 feature where teachers can monitor student recording work
in progress.

One such product that we have come across is LangLab 2.0 from E-LangLab.
Is anyone using this product or tried it out?   I would be grateful for
information about this or other possible solutions either on or off the
list.

Thank you,

Marianne Zemil
University of Chicago Laboratory Schools
Department of Foreign Languages
1362 E. 59th Street
Chicago, IL  60637

773-834-0032