LLTI Archives

April 2006, Week 3

From:
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2006 13:10:54 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Marianne Zemil" <[log in to unmask]>
---

>Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 14:39:22 -0500 (CDT)
>From: "Marianne Zemil" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Job posting

Dear All,

The University of Chicago Laboratory Schools is building a
state-of-the-art World Languages Lab for the start of the next school year
and seeks the right person to become the Schools' first Language Lab
Technology Coordinator.

The Language Lab Technology Coordinator (LLTC) is responsible for
configuring, maintaining, and securing approximately 30 desktop and 50
laptop computers (all Macs), associated peripheral devices, and servers
assigned to the World Languages department for use in its instructional
program. The LLTC also provides on-site assistance and training to
students and teachers using the lab for second language acquisition
instructional purposes and supervises students' independent work. The LLTC
will become the 7th full-time member of the Information Systems Group and
observes standard support practices and procedures as directed by the
Manager of Information Systems. This is a permanent, full-time ten-month
position. The Laboratory Schools offer competitive salaries and excellent
benefits, including significant tuition remission for children of staff
members.

The World Languages program begins in the third grade and offers
French, German, Spanish, Latin, and, beginning in the fall quarter of the
'06-'07, Mandarin Chinese. It is the largest department in the Schools
with a faculty of 19. The Language Lab project reflects the department's
and school community's commitment to excellence in providing 21st century
World Languages instruction.

All inquiries should be directed to the University of Chicago Online
Employment Site at http://jobs.uchicago.edu/. Click on "Job Opportunities"
"Search Postings."  On the Search Postings page, go to the Division pull
down menu, select "Laboratory School" and click the Search button. The
posting will appear; click "View" for pertinent details along with
instructions for applying. You may also search by the position's
requisition number, which are 072428.
All applications MUST be submitted through this site. No resumes or
letters of application will be accepted in any other fashion.

If the electronic application process feels a bit cold, do not be misled.
Above all, Lab is a vibrant place, charged with creative energy, joy in
teaching and learning, and the wonder of shared discovery. Our diverse
school population, progressive heritage, and location on a world-renowned
campus in a great city afford a thoroughly unique set of professional
opportunities for growth and challenge.

We are eager to move ahead with filling this position, so kindly make
application at your earliest convenience. The successful candidate can
expect to begin working in early to mid-August.

Marianne Zemil
University of Chicago Laboratory Schools
Department of Foreign Languages
1362 E. 59th Street
Chicago, IL  60637

773-834-0032