LLTI Archives

April 2006, Week 1

From:
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2006 14:11:54 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "David Pankratz" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 16:51:39 -0500
>From: "David Pankratz" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Screen Captures for video production

Dear all,

We are producing some "how to" videos in which we want to demonstrate
how to use certain web pages. The best way to do this seems to be to
perform "screen captures", using applications that make movies out of a
sequence of actions you perform at your computer, which then allows you
to show that movie to somebody else. We will be delivering these little
movies online.

We are rookies, and are fighting with issues like image quality,
flickering of the final compressed sequences, and probably others we
don't even know about yet! Does anybody have any recommendations for
this process, for example which capturing software has worked for you,
any tips for rookies, and so forth?

Thanks much in advance...

David Pankratz
Loyola University Chicago