LLTI Archives

April 2006, Week 1

From:
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2006 13:42:06 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Bob Peckham <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 09:42:54 -0600
>Subject: FL podacasting: a little help please
>From: Bob Peckham <[log in to unmask]>
>To: LLTI <[log in to unmask]>

I'm a fixin' to make a web page about foreign language podcasting.  Even
with the advent of this new iPod/RSS technology, in the old days, it would
have been an unthinkable exotic thing to do, but nowadays, with an internet
whose users are only about 34% Anglophone, and with nearly 79 million Google
"podcast" references, and my job of investigating viable new technologies
for the Muriel Tomlinson Language Resource Center , I thought I should
start.  I have some links, and would like suggestions.

FOR GENERAL, EDUCATIONAL & HOW-TO STUFF:

Podcasting (Wikipedia)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Podcast

PocastDirectory.com (omnia, including how-to)
http://www.podcastdirectory.com/

Skype + Podcast Recorder = SkypeCasters
http://www.henshall.com/blog/archives/001056.html

Educational podcasting for teaching and learning
http://recap.ltd.uk/podcasting/index.php

Podcasting in Education
http://www.apple.com/education/solutions/podcasting/

FOR LOCATING FOREIGN LANGUAGE PODCASTS

AllPodcasts (podcast search engine)
http://www.allpodcasts.com/

Yahoo podcasts (podcast search and directory)
http://podcasts.yahoo.com/

Podcast.net Directory (and search)
http://www.podcast.net/cat/91

Podcast.net - International Podcasts
http://www.podcast.net/cat/89

PodcastingNews - International / Podcasts by Language
http://www.podcastingnews.com/forum/link_89.htm

The Educational Podcast Network (see "second languages")
http://epnweb.org/

The PiECast :: Language-learning podcast from Partners in Excellence
http://www.podcast.net/show/8715

A FEW SPECIFIC LANGUAGE PODCASTS RESOURCES:

ChinesePod
http://www.chinesepod.com/

Espace Francophone Podcasting
http://www.espacefrancophone.org/en/audiovisuel/podcasting.htm

PodBlaster.net - l'annuaire de podcasting francophone independant
http://www.podblaster.net/

Podcasting Italiano
http://italian.about.com/b/a/176267.htm

PodCasting in Portuguese (Centopeia lusocast)
http://blog.centopeia.com/?p=46

Welcome to Japanese Podcasts
http://imet.csus.edu/imet8/hattingh/eportfolio/template3/students.html

Japancasting
http://stevemc.blogmatrix.com/2005/08.22/0000/

German podcast - at your service
http://useful-sounds.de/pivot/entry.php?id=169

Deutsche Welle / Podcasting
http://www.dw-world.de/dw/0,2142,9541,00.html

Podcast Series: How to Really Learn Spanish (Greg Hughes)
http://www.greghughes.net/rant/PodcastSeriesHowToReallyLearnSpanish.aspx

iPods Assist with Spanish Accents
http://cit.duke.edu/ideas/newprofiles/merschel.do

SOME LANGUAGE IPOD & PODCASTING PROJECTS:

Middlebury Language Schools iPod project
https://segue.middlebury.edu/sites/achapin-ipod

Language Lab Unleashed: the original blog
http://languagelabunleashed.edublogs.org/

HEINLE iRADIO PODCASTS
http://www.newtexts.com/newtexts/cluster.cfm?cluster_id=1507

Partners in Excellence
http://www.pie.org.uk/

iPods Assist with Spanish Accents (Duke University project)
http://cit.duke.edu/ideas/newprofiles/merschel.do

TBob

Robert D. Peckham, Ph.D
Professor of French
Vice President, American Association of Teachers of French
Director, Muriel Tomlinson Language Resource Center
Director, Globe-Gate Intercultural Web Project
Director, Andy Holt Virtual Library
Department of Modern Foreign Languages
Univ. of Tennessee at Martin / Martin TN 38238
Email: [log in to unmask]

Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.