LLTI Archives

April 2006, Week 1

From:
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2006 13:25:35 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Thomas Plagwitz" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Thomas Plagwitz" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "'Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum'"
>Subject: RE: #8205 Screen Captures for video production
>Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 12:23:25 -0400

And then there is windows media encoder 9
(http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/forpros/encoder/default.mspx)
.

It does not have all the features of the dedicated documentation generators
(I have used camtasia and robodemo, now captivate). But  I have not
experienced any of the problems you mention with the windows media video 9
screen codec that it uses for screen videos.

And it has a price tag that will be hard to beat (it is free for xp).

--
Dr. Thomas Plagwitz
Language Laboratory Coordinator, German Instructor