MACSCRPT Archives

April 2006

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
"J. Stewart" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Apr 2006 16:25:57 -0400
On 4/9/06 at +0200 Leraillez Benoit said this

>    Hello,
>
>    I need to add watermarks to pdf documents. I've done it with an
>Automater workflow but now I would like to have it automatically done to
>incoming pdfs via email.
>
>    I tried folder actions but a workflow is not recognized as a script so
>saving the pdfs via an email action is not a solution. I also tried
>executing it on an incoming mail filter but Entourage does not launch
>applications, only scripts. So I can save the pdf to a specific folder but
>after that...
>
>    Is this possible through AS and not Automator?
>
>    The idea is to have a blank page pdf transformed to a company letter
>without user intervention (I have an AS400 that sends invoices without the
>company logo and I need to add it).
>
>    Thanks for any help.

A Folder Action may not recognize an Automater workflow but it will recognize a script that runs one. The same can be said of Entourage. Automater is very scriptable!  You just need to shift the direction of your thinking a tiny bit.

JBS
--
Ever wonder what the speed of lightning would be if it didn't zigzag? - George Carlin