MACSCRPT Archives

April 2006

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
"Bob R." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2006 14:59:30 -0400
I am trying to insert 48 low-res PDF files into a FM6 document.  Using Chuck
Pelto's excellent workaround with FM Scriptmaker, the files sort of get
inserted.  The problem is, I get the error message "Cannot import file
"Myfile.pdf". Ran out of memory while translating."  The file "Myfile.pdf"
is my temporary place holder file for SM to grab and insert into FM6 db.
Any suggestions?  I know we cannot increase a script's memory size in
OSX...or can we?  Here is part of my script I think is relevant to this problem:

--------
try
	repeat with i from 1 to filecount
	if ".pdf" is not in (item i of filelist as string) then
		set nothing to ""
		else
			tell application "Finder"
			set myfile to item i of folderPath as string
			set myfilename to the name of item i of folderPath
			end tell
			try
			set AppleScript's text item delimiters to "_"
			set myfolio to text item 1 of myfilename as integer
				if myfolio < 10 then
				set myfolio to "0" & myfolio as string
				end if
			set AppleScript's text item delimiters to ""
				on error
			set AppleScript's text item delimiters to ""
			end try

			tell application "Finder"
			copyFile myfile to mydesk replacing yes
			set mynewfile to mydesk & myfilename as string
			renameFile mynewfile to "Myfile.pdf"
			end tell

			tell application "FileMaker Pro"
			activate
			try
			set mycell to "Page Box " & myfolio as string

		          tell database mydbfile

			  do script "Go to Entry Screen"
			  go to cell (mycell)
			  do script "Insert PDF"