MACSCRPT Archives

April 2006

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Nobumi Iyanaga <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2006 11:03:32 +0900
Hello Jean-Baptiste,

Thank you for your reply.

On Apr 26, 2006, at 2:01 AM, Le Stang Jean-Baptiste wrote:

> The last time I checked it was compatible with it (It was on
> Panther). In fact it should be working with all the spell checkers
> that conforms to the protocol designed by Apple :)

In fact, (at least one of the things) I wanted to do is to change the
language setting of the spell checker -- if possible globally for the
user.  And as I use CocoAspell dictionaries, I asked if XSpell was
compatible with it.

Unfortunately, it seems XSpell is not designed for such a use, isn't
it...??

Anyway, as I use usually two languages, English and French, I find it
very cumbersome to have to change manually the language setting of
the spell checker everytime I change the language.  If it is possible
to do this by script, I would put some scripts in Scripts menu, and
the change of the language setting would be much simpler.

Would anyone know how to do this?  Or would you consider, Jean-
Baptiste, the possibility of including such a functionality in XSpell?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Nobumi Iyanaga
Tokyo,