MACSCRPT Archives

April 2006

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Chuck Pelto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Apr 2006 09:03:22 -0600
On Apr 15, 2006, at 8:20 AM, Gary (Lists) wrote:

>> I do believe I had tried to use strictly AS techniques, e.g., set
>> cell "myImage" to thisImage. Even copying 'thisImage' to the
>> clipboard and pasting into the field didn't work. I wound up using
>> the system described to Bob R.
>
> This is rather meaningless, without any context.  'thisImage' could be
> anything...it matters.

Say what?!?!?!?

To put it INTO 'context' for you, the images were jpgs from digital
photography. I was conducting an inventory of a recently deceased
friend's personal effects and estate; jewelry, fine art, crystal,
fine china, silverware, electronics, fur coats, etc., etc., etc.

As I said, above, but you think is without context, I tried numerous
techniques and none worked, save for what I finally described.

I'd been working with FMP and AS since '92 for a Baby Bell company. I
managed to automate a theretofore manual system for generating
graphics used in and managing the production of the vast majority of
telephone directory in the western third of the United States, less
California and Nevada, which was PacBell turf.

http://www.filemaker.com/solutions/customers/stories/252.html

I'm not totally ignorant of FMP, it's capabilities and limitation;
which are legion. You can claim it could do it, but I couldn't find a
way. And apparently others, e.g., Bob R., can't either.

Maybe you should write a book?

Regards,

Chuck