MACSCRPT Archives

April 2006

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Chuck Pelto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Apr 2006 07:02:05 -0600
On Apr 14, 2006, at 3:47 PM, Gary (Lists) wrote:

> Chuck, why all the acrobatics?  What are you trying to do that
> AppleScript
> can not do?  What does FileMaker really have to do with the file
> system
> issues you are trying to overcome?  You can insert content into a
> FileMaker
> field without any involvement of FileMaker at all, except accepting
> the
> data, of course.

FMP would not allow me to insert an image into a container field.

I do believe I had tried to use strictly AS techniques, e.g., set
cell "myImage" to thisImage. Even copying 'thisImage' to the
clipboard and pasting into the field didn't work. I wound up using
the system described to Bob R.

That is as I recall this messy affair; it being about a year ago. I
also recall that I needed to use the repetitions of a container field
for this project.

Which version of FMP did you find you could insert images into
fields? I stopped investing in FMP with v6.

Regards,

Chuck