MACSCRPT Archives

April 2006

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Chuck Pelto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 2006 05:33:15 -0600
On Apr 12, 2006, at 5:04 PM, Bob R. wrote:

> Teaching the SM script where to find the picutres folder is exactly
> the
> problem I have.  In all of Filemaker's script examples, the Inser
> Picture
> script names a specific file name.  I need to know how to use an
> Applescript
> variable instead.  thanks, Bob R.

What I did was as follows:

[1] Establish a folder to hold the image file to  be inserted.
[2] Establish a file in that folder that would be inserted via the SM
[3] Taught the SM to insert that file in the field.
[4] Told the AS to delete the file (2) in the folder (1).
[5] Told AS to COPY an image I wanted to the place where that file
was located.
[6] Told AS to RENAME the file to something the SM would recognize.
[7] Had the AS call upon the SM to insert the image.

Repeat steps 4 through 7 as necessary, based on a list of files that
were to be inserted.

Yes It's kludge, but so is FMP in my opinion. I've given up trying to
get FMI out of it's we'll-give-the-users-what-we-want-when-we-want-to-
give-it-to-them mode for the last 10 years

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Chuck