MACSCRPT Archives

April 2006

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Joe Barwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 2006 23:08:20 +1300
On Wed, 12 Apr 2006, "Bob R." <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Teaching the SM script where to find the picutres folder is exactly the
>problem I have.  In all of Filemaker's script examples, the Inser
>Picture
>
>script names a specific file name.  I need to know how to use an
>Applescr
>ipt
>variable instead.  thanks, Bob R.

I haven't tried it, but I think others have previously posted
here/there/every-elsewhere that the answer is that you don't. You use
AS to move files into the correct position, and rename them, to suit
what FM expects.

Dumb-arse software meets lateral thinking/clever workaround/kludge?

Hawsers for Causes

Selected from Ambrose Bierce's "Devil's Dictionary":
HEARSE, n. -- Death's baby-carriage.