LLTI Archives

March 2006, Week 4

From:
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2006 13:32:09 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "David Flores" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 16:19:24 -0500
>From: "David Flores" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Portable printer

There isn't a whole lot out there, I'm afraid. Your best bet is probably
the Canon PIXMA iP90 printer, at about $250.00 or the HP Deskjet 460
also about $250.00. Pentax also makes a tiny and extremely cute Pocket
Jet thermal printer, but it's more of a toy for the gadget freak who has
to have the absolute smallest, lightest portable gadget available
regardless of functionality. The printer does not have a sheet feeder
(you have to feed it your copy page by page) is extremely slow, and
required thermal paper.

Another option is to just buy a small injet printer. I went by Best Buy
the other day looking for a portable printer just in case I wanted to
touch up a conference paper I was giving. While I didn't buy anything, I
noticed that for $70.00 you can buy a realtively small inkjet printer
that actually weighs considerably less than the HP or Cannon portable
printers without being inordinately bulky (For instance, the HP Deskjet
3915).

You'd definitaly want to check compatibility with European A/C power
standards, though.

David Flores
Director: Language Learning Center
Loyola College in Maryland
4501 North Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21210
Ph: (410) 617-5230
Fax: (410) 617 2859

>>> [log in to unmask] 3/20/2006 10:34 AM >>>
Hi,
one of our Professors is looking for a portable printer to take on
his trips to Europe. I am looking for recommendations, good/bad
experiences, etc.

Danke,
Wolfgang

Wolfgang E. Adolph
Fac. Coord. for Computer Issues
Department of Mod. Lang. & Linguistics - DIF 316
Florida State University
Tallahassee, FL 32306
(850) 644-8192
(850) 644-0524 fax