LLTI Archives

March 2006, Week 1

From:
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 2006 08:12:14 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Mary Toulouse <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 17:01:24 -0500
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: Mary Toulouse <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Internet 2 event

Dear colleagues,
We'll be sponsoring a live, interactive Internet 2 event on March 10
at noon. I'm not sure how many of you availed yourselves of the
Internet 2 service, but it is a wonderful way for colleges to share
special presentations and have their students interact with speakers
who can't come onto campus.  In this case, we have invited the
Director of the International Network of the Pasteur Foundation to
talk with us about their strategy and research for controlling a
potential avian flu pandemic.  The Director of the Pasteur Foundation
in New York will also discuss the possibilities for undergraduates to
do research at the Institut in Paris over the summer.  There will be
a bilingual, round table discussion at the end with the speakers from
Pasteur and the Wheaton and Lafayette College audiences

If you have someone at your institution who might be interested in
the topic or if you, yourself,  would just like to see how the
broadcast works (when dealing with technology, we always have our
fingers crossed and hope it does indeed work!), please join us
on-line.  The stream will also be available for three weeks after the event.

For more information, please see the the web page:
<http://www.magpi.net/PasteurEvent.html>http://www.magpi.net/PasteurEvent.html

Mary Toulouse, Director of the FLLRC
Lafayette College
Easton, PA 18042