LLTI Archives

March 2006, Week 1

From:
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2006 16:13:56 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Stacey Powell" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 12:45:46 -0600
>From: "Stacey Powell" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #8171.2 (!) laptops & sanako lab 300

If you want to investigate the possibility of desktop computers that
"disappear" when you don't need them, I highly recommend looking at the
Hide-Away desks from Computer Comforts http://www.computercomforts.com/

We have a classroom full of these desks (with computers on them) and I
can't say enough good things about them or about the customer service
that we have received from our rep Frank Kolavo.

Stacey

Stacey L. Powell
Director, Foreign Language Multimedia Center
College of Liberal Arts
3234 Haley Center
Auburn University, AL 36849

334-844-6381

>>> [log in to unmask] 02/28/06 12:16 PM >>>
--- Forwarded Message from Jack Burston <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 09:43:14 +0200
>Subject: Re: #8166 laptops & sanako lab 300
>From: Jack Burston <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum

Hi Katia,

An alternative to using laptops to avoid having monitors in the way
would be
to use LCD screens that fold down.  Desktop computers (stored under
the
table top) are less expensive, and offer more internal expansion room
(for
RAM, hard disks, video capture cards, etc.) than laptops. I've seen
folding
LCD screens advertised, but don't know just how flat they will go.
Perhaps
someone on this listserv can point you (and me) in the right
direction.
Jack
--
Professor Jack Burston