LLTI Archives

March 2006, Week 1

From:
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2006 16:01:04 EST
--- Forwarded Message from David Julseth <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 19:43:24 -0600
>From: David Julseth <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Language Learning Center Director / Spanish Position
>To: [log in to unmask]
Gecko/20040804 Netscape/7.2 (ax)

If appropriate to advertise Foreign Language Technology Positions on
your listserve, please run this ad we have for a position at Belmont
University.

Cordially,
-Dr. David C. Julseth, Chair

Assistant Professor in Spanish/Director of the Language Learning Center

Belmont University - Nashville, Tennessee

The Department of Foreign Languages at Belmont University invites
applications for a full-time, tenure-track position consisting of
three-quarter time teaching Spanish and one-quarter time directing the
Language Learning Center (LLC) to begin August 2006. Ph.D. in Spanish or
dissertation successfully defended prior to issuing contract. Commitment
to teaching excellence at all levels and to promotion of the Belmont
Language Program on and off campus required.  Ability to teach another
language at all levels desirable. The LLC Director is responsible for
overseeing the operation of the technology and other resources available
at Belmont to enhance the teaching and studying of foreign languages;
the Director also schedules and supervises the work done by
international student assistants.

All applicants must complete an online application at www.belmont.edu/hr
<http://www.belmont.edu/hr>.  While completing the application,
applicants will be prompted to submit a Cover Letter, Curriculum Vita
and Statement of Teaching Philosophy. Three letters of reference (at
least one addressing teaching performance) must be mailed via postal
service to Dr. David C. Julseth, Spanish/LLC Search Chair, Dept. of
Foreign Languages, Belmont University, 1900 Belmont Blvd., Nashville, TN
37212. Screening of candidates will begin March 31, 2006 and will
continue until the position is filled. Each applicant is asked to
respond in writing to Belmont's mission, vision, and values statements,
articulating how the candidates' knowledge, experience and beliefs have
prepared him/her to function in support of these statements.  (These
statements are found, for example, at:
http://www.belmont.edu/visitors/vision.cfm.)

A comprehensive, coeducational university located in Nashville, Belmont
is a student-centered, teaching university focusing on academic
excellence. The university is dedicated to providing students from
diverse backgrounds an academically challenging education in a Christian
community. Belmont is an EOE/AA employer under all applicable civil
rights laws. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. For
additional information regarding the Department of Foreign Languages,
see: http://www.belmont.edu/languages/

.

Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.