LLTI Archives

March 2006, Week 1

From:
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2006 14:20:14 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Bradley Gano <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 21:11:11 -0500
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>From: Bradley Gano <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Position Announcement from RIT: Director of Foreign Language
Technology

Dear all,

RIT, which has a relatively new language center (that some of you may have
seen at NEALLT last year), is seeking a Director of Foreign Language
Technology.

Please don't respond to me about the position; inquiries should go to
Professor Yamashita at RIT--her contact info is below.

Brad

>Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 13:30:43 -0500
>From: Hiroko Yamashita <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: position announcement: Director of Foreign Language Technology
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Position: Director of Foreign Language Technology
>
>Rochester Institute of Technology seeks to hire a Director of Foreign
>Language Technology for its newly established state-of-the-art Foreign
>Language Technology Center to start July 1, 2006. Rank: staff or faculty,
>depending on qualifications. Qualifications include an M.A. or Ph.D. in
>educational technology, foreign language pedagogy, or a related field.
>Required are expertise in FL educational technology; experience in
>maintaining a local area network; experience with technology center
>operations; experience in creating FL courseware; fluency in at least one
>foreign language; and evidence of successful grant writing. Experience in
>teaching a FL preferred.
>
>The Foreign Language program at RIT has grown approximately forty percent
>in the last five years, and further rapid expansion is expected. The
>Director will work closely with FL faculty in order to best serve students
>that flourish in a technology-rich environment. The Director's primary
>responsibilities include overseeing the center and further expanding its
>use; facilitating the use of technology in FL teaching by creating or
>acquiring technology-based instructional materials and by providing
>training to faculty and students; widely promoting the center and FL
>technology; and writing grants. The Director will also serve as liaison to
>the office of Information and Technology Services, the Library, and other
>related offices at the university. She or he must have a clear vision of
>the goals and methods of FL pedagogy and the effective integration of
>technology into FL teaching and learning. She or he also will have strong
>interpersonal, communication, organizational, and administrative skills.
>
>The University places a high priority on the creation of an environment
>supportive of the promotion of ethnic minorities, women, and persons with
>disabilities.
>
>Review of applications will begin March 27th and continue until position
>is filled. Applicants must send letter, curriculum vitae, names of three
>references, a statement on the use of technology in foreign language
>teaching and learning, and a sample of instructional materials by US
>priority mail to Professor Hiroko Yamashita, Chair of Foreign Language
>Technology Director Search Committee, College of Liberal Arts, Rochester
>Institute of Technology, 92 Lomb Memorial Drive, Rochester, NY 14623-5604.

Bradley Gano
Associate Director
Center for Language Study
Yale University