LLTI Archives

March 2006, Week 1

From:
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 2006 08:12:09 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Roberto Perez <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2006 19:06:20 -0500
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: Roberto Perez <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: MS Proofing Tools - alternatives

Hi all,

I'd like to know how different language learning labs deal with the
issue of spell-checking and grammar-checking for languages other than
English-French-Spanish on their computers. I have found that the
Microsoft Proofing Tools 2002 (for Office 2000 and Office XP) have
been discontinued for a while, and that the 2003 equivalent package
works only for Office 2003 (which means a general upgrade of all
Office products would be needed, not to mention the steep price per license).

My questions are:

- Is anyone aware of a vendor that still has copies of MS Proofing
Tools 2002 at accessible prices (or maybe one of you has an old copy
that you are able to sell)?

- Is anyone using alternative software for spell-checking and
grammar-checking for the most "usual" languages (e.g., Portuguese,
Italian, German, etc.) that you would recommend?

Thanks in advance,

Roberto Perez

Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.