MACSCRPT Archives

March 2006

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
John Delacour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2006 21:04:08 +0100
At 10:01 am -0800 30/3/06, Dave McGary wrote:

>How did I mislead you by saying that the website building tools
>are called Radio and Manila?  These are commercial products
>which are sold for that purpose.

I've built websites with Frontier on and off for 10 years and never
touched Radio Userland or Manila.  The "website building tools" are
html.commands etc. generally called from the Web menu, supposing you
use the 5.0.1 database with Frontier.app, and are fine for website
building, even finer once you have changed the code to render valid
html, which has never been high on the agenda of anyone at Userland
-- click below for just a few examples:

<http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fscripting.com>
<http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fradio.userland.com%2F>
<http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.userland.com%2F>
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fmanila.userland.com%2F

<http://frontierkernel.org/> is valid html but is generated not by
Frontier but by "DokuWiki Release 2006-03-09"

I should be interested to hear of any site rendered with Frontier,
Manila etc. that approximates to valid html.

JD