MACSCRPT Archives

March 2006

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
David Freels <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Mar 2006 00:05:14 -0500
I would really like to activate/deactivate Bluetooth on the Mac via
Applescript (hopefully) via the computer keyboard and/or phone keypad.

I found a post in the Salling Clicker archives and have attempted to
translate from German into English without success. See
http://www.salling.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=6259

Does anyone have an idea or two on this?

Here's why. I can place a cell phone call using Bluetooth from my
Powerbook via Bluephone Elite. Then, while it's ringing I go to the
menubar and manually turn off Bluetooth on the Mac and can then make
a connection to the phone using my Bluetooth headset. I know it would
be faster and more "accurate" if all this could be done via the
computer keyboard.

My phone is a Sony Ericcson T637 that works great with Salling
Clicker. I like to leave the BT connection on all day between the
phone and the computer, but that means I have to keep it hooked up to
the charger--which is across the room.

It's very convenient to do all the dialing via the computer and just
use the headset to speak with, but sometimes BT doesn't disconnect
from the Mac fast enough before the other party answers. I think an
Applescript solution would work, but I'm just not very good at it.
Yet.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
--

David Freels
2948 Windfield Circle

http://www.freelanceforum.org/df