MACSCRPT Archives

March 2006

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
kee nethery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2006 05:53:40 -0800
The URL Scripting approach is what I use. I agree it is slow. For a
Sybase database we have an app that uses Sybase drivers and I send it
SQL via applescript and it sends back results. That is faster than
the URL Scripting system. So if you can build an app that talks to
MySQL directly, and make it receive and reply to AppleEvents, that
will probably work better for you.

I agree, HC is still very useful. I'm not sure why Apple thinks
AppleScript is as easy to use as HyperTalk. Sure do wish Apple would
create a HyperTalk scripting addition.

Kee Nethery