LLTI Archives

February 2006, Week 4

From:
Date:
Fri, 24 Feb 2006 15:19:03 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Gus Leonard" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 13:18:49 -0800
>Subject: DigitalStream Conference Registration Invitation
>To: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
>Cc: "DigitalStream" <[log in to unmask]>
>From: "Gus Leonard" <[log in to unmask]>

Join the DigitalStream! March 23-25, 2006
Early Bird Registration Rates ends February 28
http://wlc.csumb.edu/digitalstream/2006/registrationopen.html

The Program Committee for the DigitalStream Conference on Emerging Technologies
and Language Learning is pleased to invite you to join us at California State
University, Monterey Bay for our 8th Annual Conference, March 23-25, 2006. This
year our
theme is "Literacy in Language Learning with Technology" and we have over 60
presentations and workshops to investigate the role of technology in language
and culture learning. Please join us on California's Central Coast  in the
Language Learning
Capitol of the World! For more information and the full conference program, see:
http://csumb.edu/digitalstream  Early Bird Registration Rates are available
through February 28 at:
http://wlc.csumb.edu/digitalstream/2006/registrationopen.html

This year's Keynote Speakers are Dr. Richard Kern, "Literacy, technology, and
language learning", University of California at Berkeley, and Dr. Peter Liddell,
"Converging Lines in learning Languages, Literacies and Learner theory - Renewed
Perspective, or still a Vanishing Point?", University of Victoria, BC, Canada.

We are also joined by the SouthWest Association for Language Learning and
Technology (SWALLT) for their Spring Meeting, and their members will provide a
pre-conference workshop, Wednesday, March 22, on creating and delivering digital
learning
materials. Houghton-Mifflin is offering a workshop to help guide you through the
steps involved in moving from idea to manuscript to published book. Sanako is
providing a workshop on using their language learning products, too! If you want
to make a
week of it, the CSU-wide Community of Academic Technology Staff (CATS) is
holding their annual conference March 20-22 on the same site!
http://cats.cdl.edu/index.pl/catsconf2006
If you've already registered for the conference, you can add your preferred
workshop via the RegOnline site.

Each year, the DigitalStream Conference attracts more than 300 attendees from
California, across the country and overseas to share their interest in the study
of foreign languages and the best uses of technology in the language classroom.
The
conference provides a unique forum of scheduled presentations, panel
discussions, hands-on workshops and technology exhibitions where language
teachers, technologists, administrators and vendors can share useful and
cutting-edge information and
learn from one another.

We look forward to seeing you at Monterey Bay!
Yoshiko Saito-Abbott, Conference Chair
Richard Donovan, Conference Manager
Gus Leonard, WebMaster and SWALLT President
General Inquiries: [log in to unmask] (831) 582-4450

Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.