LLTI Archives

February 2006, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 13 Feb 2006 16:27:46 EST
--- You wrote:
Hello--the short answer re Extemplate on time stamps per question is no, unless
you want to make tests with single-question pages.

We record events to an activity log as the user proceeds through a test, but we
don't currently have a question-level event defined.  Instead, we mark the time
when the user proceeds to a new page (a page of questions of a certain type) in
the test, and login, logout, test submit, etc.  In order to generate a log per
question, it would either be necessary to make a test of one-question pages
(which is would be very easy to do), or else add a javascript feature that
would track what the user did while looking at the page before the submit.  The
problem with this kind of measurement is that users will go back and change
answers, etc, and it becomes hard to define exactly what you're trying to
measure.  Also, when they think they're under a strict time limit, any
browser/comm trouble triggers a whole new kind of tech support stress.  So it's
possible to do this, but a little awkward, and might not always accurately
record time spent. Thanks.

Eric Granquist

Quoting LLTI-Editor <[log in to unmask]>:

> --- Forwarded Message from "Detiveaux, Georges J"
>
> >Subject: RE: #8158 On-line testing question
> >Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 13:11:12 -0600
> >From: "Detiveaux, Georges J" <[log in to unmask]>
> >To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"
>
> Will Claire Barlett's  / Rice's exTemplate report this?
--- end of quote ---

Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.