LLTI Archives

February 2006, Week 1

From:
Date:
Wed, 1 Feb 2006 12:54:21 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Chris Meyer <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 15:37:17 -0500
>From: Chris Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>Subject: Re: #8137.1 (!)  Problem imaging/sysprep - Arabic, Hebrew, Russian

We've found that you may have to run sysprep twice to get the language
settings to stick:

The first time the OEMSkipRegional key under the [GuiUnattended] section
should be set to 0, and when it hits that part of the post-sysprep
process configure your language settings as you wish.

The second time the OEMSkipRegional key can be set to 1 so that it skips
that section along with the others, and it will retain all the language
settings as you configured them during the previous post-sysprep sequence.

We've used this process even for nonstandard language settings: a
third-party Devanagari IME and a custom phonetic Russian keyboard,
although the Russian keyboard still isn't reliably imaged.

-Chris Meyer
Programmer/Analyst
Yale University Center for Language Study