LLTI Archives

February 2006, Week 1

From:
Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 2006 13:16:17 EST
--- Forwarded Message from [log in to unmask] ---

>Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 18:50:48 -0500 (EST)
>From: [log in to unmask]
>Sender: [log in to unmask]
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>Subject: Re: #8146 Urdu Solutions?

On Fri, 3 Feb 2006, "Carol Reitan" <[log in to unmask]> wrote-

> We've had a request from a faculty member to install Urdu language support in
> our faculty lab. This is not a language taught here, so no one on campus has
> experience with it.
>
> Does anyone have a reliable and free (or low cost) solution? I'd be happy to
> hear what works for you.

For Windows, Urdu is a supported language under WinXP, with necessary
fonts, a keyboard, and all needed text processing provided in the OS.

Rick Kunst

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
AHRC Wa-Burmese-Chinese-English Dictionary Project
Dept of South East Asia (Rm RG01)
School of Oriental and African Studies, U of London
Thornhaugh St, Russell Square
London WC1H 0XG UK
Tel +44 (0)20 7898 4587
Fax +44 (0)20 7898 4319