LLTI Archives

February 2006, Week 1

From:
Date:
Wed, 1 Feb 2006 12:54:23 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Keiko Schneider thru Saboten <[log in to unmask]>
---

>Cc: me me <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Keiko Schneider thru Saboten <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: 4th CASTEL-J International Conference (August 3-5, 2007), Honolulu, HI
>Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 14:55:45 -0600
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum

4th CASTEL-J International Conference (August 3-5, 2007), Honolulu, HI

Join us at the 4th International Conference on Computer Assisted
Systems For Teaching & Learning Japanese (CASTEL-J) that will be held
at the University of Hawaii, Kapiolani Community College, August 3-5,
2007.

Homepage: http://castelj.kshinagawa.com/

Blogs, wiki, taggin$E2Ao , online music, podcasts, AJAX, to name a few,
have evolved considerably in the past years. As a result, computers
and other technologies are being used more and more in our
classrooms.  This means that the teaching/learning of the Japanese
language is also rapidly changing. We are hoping you might be
interested in sharing your experiences with using technology in the
teaching of the Japanese language and would like to ask you to share
these experiences with us at the 4th International CASTEL-J
conference in Hawaii.

We welcome proposals for papers (20 min. followed by 10 min.
discussion), panel sessions (70 min. followed by 20 min. discussion)
posters, or workshops that deal with Japanese teaching/learning and
computer technology.

All submissions must be received by August 31, 2006. Submissions are
accepted by e-mail. Please submit your proposal as an e-mail
attachment to <[log in to unmask]>.
For the SUBJECT line of your e-mail, please
enter "CASTEL-J paper proposal" for paper,
enter "CASTEL-J panel proposal" for panel,
enter  "CASTEL-J posters proposal" for posters,
enter "CASTEL-J workshop proposal" for workshop,
Presenters will be notified by Nov. 30, 2006.

     * The official conference languages are Japanese and English. If
you plan to present in English, please submit your proposal in
English. If you plan to present in Japanese, please submit your
proposal in Japanese.
     * Send your attachment in MS Word (DOC)
      * We can provide an LCD projector. However, please use your own
laptop.

Your proposal must include the following:
1) Specify your presentation type (paper, poster, panel session or
workshop)
2) Presenter's Name (Primary Presenter in case of co-presentation)
3) E-mail address
4) Institution and Department
5) Mailing Address
     In case of a co-presentation, please clearly indicate the
primary presenter and provide information for all presenters.$E3AA
6) Presentation Title (less than 10 English words)
7) Short Abstract (less than 50 English words, this will be used for
the conference brochure)
8) Description of paper, panel, panel session or workshop (Less than
350 English words. Be sure to include adequate information to review.)
9) Other equipment needs. If you will need to use other AV equipment,
please specify. In case it's not possible for us to accommodate, we
will contact you.

For inquiries, please contact

Satoru Shinagawa, Conference Chair
University of Hawaii