MACSCRPT Archives

February 2006

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Dave McGary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Feb 2006 15:16:19 -0500
> Now I want to do the ... what I think is the slightly more complex thing,
> which is send a doScript apple event from same to a specific app with a
> text argument

I have sent AppleEvents to an app from Java on MacOS9, but not on OSX.
And I was not sending a text message, which must be formatted properly.
OS9 uses JDirect2, OSX uses the newer, better JDirect3, so it should be
simpler (less code).

The Apple sample code for OSX is called AESendandReceive,
 I just found it on the Apple website.  You only need the send half...
http://developer.apple.com/samplecode/AESendandReceive/AESendandReceive.ht
ml

The Apple tech note on compatibility between JDirect2 and JDirect3 might also
make for interesting reading.
3http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn/tn2002.html

Best of luck!

--Dave