MACSCRPT Archives

February 2006

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Bill Steele <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Feb 2006 14:36:38 -0500
>I'm having trouble inserting .gif thumbnails into a container field in FMP6.
>I can manually Insert/Picture and select a specific .gif file, but can't
>figure out the syntax of doing the same with applescript. I presume it's
>something like:
>
>tell application "filemaker pro"
>  tell document 1
>   tell current record
>    set cell "preview" to alias "path:filename.gif"
>   end tell
>  end tell
>end tell
>
>... but I get "Event not handled." with this attempt, and "wrong data type"
>if I try other variations.
>
>I have tried using open for access to read the contents of the .gif file and
>that fails, too. Couldn't find an answer in the FMP dictionary or elsewhere
>on the list. Any help appreciated.
>
>-- WES

This works for me in Filemaker scripting steps:

Go to field [Photo index::image]
Insert picture ["temp.jpg"]

When you add the Insert picture step you use a dialog to set the
filepath.  Your thumbnail always has to be in the same place, so this
is preceded by an Applescript that puts it there.
--

Bill Steele