MACSCRPT Archives

February 2006

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Eric Schult <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Feb 2006 12:31:09 -0500
I'm having trouble inserting .gif thumbnails into a container field in FMP6.
I can manually Insert/Picture and select a specific .gif file, but can't
figure out the syntax of doing the same with applescript. I presume it's
something like:

tell application "filemaker pro"
 tell document 1
  tell current record
   set cell "preview" to alias "path:filename.gif"
  end tell
 end tell
end tell

... but I get "Event not handled." with this attempt, and "wrong data type"
if I try other variations.

I have tried using open for access to read the contents of the .gif file and
that fails, too. Couldn't find an answer in the FMP dictionary or elsewhere
on the list. Any help appreciated.

-- WES