MACSCRPT Archives

February 2006

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Bill Steele <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 12:56:54 -0500
>I started Kagi around 1994 and at that time I had built a processing
>system that used PowerMail and AppleScripts and Hypercard on a Mac
>IIci to process the register program emails that came in via my
>MailShare -> AIMS--> EIMS server on my MacClassic. Not sure when the
>first MacScripting posts came through but 2000 sounds really late in
>the game. So I'm guessing somewhere between 1994 and 2000.

Sounds about right to me.  I started using Applescript around
1993-94, doing CGIs for our new WebSTAR server,, and it seems like
the Macscript list was always part of life.  Spent three or four
years asking stupid questions, then tried to pay back by answering
questions from newbies.  Lately, with an overdue transition to OS X,
I'm back to asking stupid questions.

The oldest archived message i have is dated Dec. 5, 1995, from
caligari.Dartmout.edu.
--

Bill Steele