MACSCRPT Archives

February 2006

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Walter Ian Kaye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 01:21:28 -0800
At 11:03p -0800 02/21/2006, Brian Johnson didst inscribe upon an
electronic papyrus:

>A question for those with gray hair AND (functional) memory cells.
>
>What's the age of the Macscrpt list? and has it always been hosted
>at Dartmouth? Did Fred Terry start it (why do I think that?) If not,
>who?
>
>The Archives go back to January, 1999, but I think I've belonged to
>it longer than that (though I occasionally confuse Macscrpt with the
>Apple-run lists when I subscribe to both).
>
>Bill Cheeseman, Walter Ian Kaye, John Delacour, Fred Terry, and
>others (John Baxter?) were certainly active then, as now ... (ok, I
>threw those in to get their attention and slip past the canned-meat
>filters...) Others?

Well, since my name was mentioned, I remember when we had to address
mail to caligari... and I joined in March 1995 (my Eudora archives go
back that far).
Ooh, that was when I lived in Phx, and was [log in to unmask] :-)

Blast from the past. :D

-boo
  who just averted homelessness, with only 6 days to spare. Whew!