MACSCRPT Archives

February 2006

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
John Baxter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Feb 2006 23:32:00 -0800
On Feb 21, 2006, at 11:03 PM, Brian Johnson wrote:

> What's the age of the Macscrpt list? and has it always been hosted
> at Dartmouth? Did Fred Terry start it (why do I think that?) If
> not, who?

It predates AppleScript (at least the official release of
AppleScript:  I don't remember whether it predated the stealth
release in the spring of release year).  I joined after Frontier was
released...I don't know how long after, or how close in time I was to
the beginning.  I think I remember getting a count in the low 400s
when I first learned to ask LISTSERV for that.  It was Dartmouth then.

I didn't get involved with Userland's System 6 form of IAC.  That
*could* have been the list's trigger.

Fred--if not the founder--was very early on the scene.

   --John (who must now rest his old brain for at least an hour)