MACSCRPT Archives

February 2006

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Sander Tekelenburg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Feb 2006 13:38:06 +0100
At 15:14 -0500 UTC, on 2006-02-17, Bill Steele wrote:

[...]

> I still want
> to know why it's there in the first place.  I certainly don't have
> any "as Unicode text" statements anywhere.

You don't need to. If you get text that happens to be of class Unicode text,
then unless you coerce it it will be of class Unicode text.

It seems to me that your source contains Unicode. That aside, I don't see
what the problem is. Is there a reason why you don't want Unicode in the
final result? You *need* it to be able to represent certain characters. Do
you really want to delete those characters?

--
Sander Tekelenburg, <http://www.euronet.nl/~tekelenb/>